Congressional Art Competition
About the Competition
Each spring, a nation-wide high school arts competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Artistic Discovery Contest is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation, as well as in our congressional district.
The Artistic Discovery Contest is open to all high school students in Wisconsin's 7th District. The over-all winner of our district's competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol. The exhibit in Washington will also include artwork from other contest winners nation-wide.
Art works entered in the contest may be up to 26 inches by 26 inches (including the frame) and may be up to 4 inches in depth. Art works may not exceed a weight of 15 pounds. The art work may be:
- Paintings - oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings - colored pencil, pencil, ink, markers, pastels, charcoal (it is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed)
- Collages - must be two dimensional
- Prints - lithographs, silkscreen, and block prints
- Mixed Media - use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer Generated Art
All entries must be an original in concept, design and execution and may not violate U.S. copyright laws.
This spring, Congressman Duffy will host the competition for students in the Seventh Congressional District, with an exhibit, presentation and awards program. The winners of the competition will be announced on a date to be determined and all of the artwork will be on display at local galleries in the district in Summer 2017.
The winning student from the 7th Congressional District will also be invited to attend a presentation and reception in the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC, with other winners from across the country.
The submission deadline for artwork is April 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM Central.
How to Enter the 2017 Art Competition
- Complete the 2017 Student Release Form
- Check out the Competition Guidelines 2017
- Print out the Artwork Labels 2017
When completed, submit to our office at:
Office of Congressman Sean Duffy
Attn: Maggie Cronin
208 Grand Avenue
Wausau, WI 54403
Questions? Call 715-298-9344 or email Maggie.Cronin@mail.house.gov